Healthcare’s helping hand.
COVID-19 precaution: Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, our hiring process will now be completely virtual. All interviews and onboarding activities will be held online or over the phone. We remain committed to putting our people, customers, and communities first and appreciate your patience and flexibility as we work through this.
CHG shook things up in 1979 by inventing the locum tenens staffing model. We connect doctors with patients who need their care. As the largest physician staffing firm in America, our providers treat millions of patients each year.
Our industry is growing and demand is high. This means you’ll have plenty of opportunities to grow and develop in your career. Keeping healthcare healthy can be as fun as it is rewarding.
The Desktop Services Specialist designs and manages the desktop system’s hardware and software environment. The Desktop Services Specialist’s role is to optimize Windows desktop environment to achieve high availability, increased performance, lower support costs, and increased usability of the various business applications supported at the desktop. This is to be accomplished by developing and maintaining desktop hardware and software standards along with developing efficient support processes that will increase system availability while reducing support costs. This includes designing, installing, configuring, administering, and fine-tuning desktop hardware, Windows operating systems, and desktop applications in a timely and efficient manner.
- Image and configure new hire computers.
- Participate in the design and review of Windows operating systems and Windows application deployments on the workstations.
- Ensure that Windows-based workstations comply with established policies, standards, licensing agreements, and configuration guidelines.
- Review and deploy new Windows service packs, hot fixes, system updates, and vendor-supplied patches according to best practices.
- Develop and maintain systems documentation for educating end users and new IT staff. Provide regular contributions to team knowledge base.
- Deploy and maintain workstation hardware and software.
- Perform equipment moves including desktop computers, printers, scanners and copiers (40+ pounds).
- Perform routine printer and scanner maintenance.
- Perform routine data-cabling in network feed closets.
- Resolve client’s PC equipment failures and hardware related problems
- Provide telecommunications support, including variety of mobile devices.
- Enter work orders into support ticketing system.
- Process incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Provide audio/visual support for video conference and other company functions.
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Excellent customer relations skills and good phone manners
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge of PC and printer hardware.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Prioritize and manage time and requests efficiently
- Able to take direction as well as work independently or in team setting
- Communicate effectively and courteously with colleagues and customers at all levels
Education & Years of Experience:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science (or relative work experience)
- 2-4 years of customer service and computer-based experience
In return, we offer:`
- Competitive pay
- Healthcare coverage with corporate wellness program
- Free on-site health center and health coaching for employees and dependents
- 401(k) company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- 14 days of PTO your first year and paid holidays
- Hall of fame development programs as recognized by Training Magazine
- On-site cafeteria and game room
Click here to learn more about our company and culture
To have your resume reviewed by Talent Acquisition, click “Apply” at the top of the screen.
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an at-will employer