Healthcare’s helping hand.
COVID-19 precaution: Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, our hiring process will now be completely virtual. All interviews and onboarding activities will be held online or over the phone. We remain committed to putting our people, customers, and communities first and appreciate your patience and flexibility as we work through this.
The (quality) doctor is in.
Modio has streamlined the convoluted and messy process that is healthcare credentialing and saved countless years of manual and error-prone work in the process. As part of CHG Healthcare we are working to drastically improve the speed (and quality) of credentialing to ensure that our doctors can spend more time treating (millions) of patients each year and less time dealing with credentialing headaches.
Our industry is growing and demand is high. This means you’ll have plenty of opportunities to grow and develop in your career. Keeping healthcare healthy can be as fun as it is rewarding.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer in Test to help our team design, build, and implement a robust testing strategy for our credentialing platform. In this hybrid role you should think of yourself as both a developer and developer advocate for all things QUALITY related. Whether that means designing/implementing test strategies, assisting with system architecture, writing/reviewing code, or mentoring others is up to you.
Quality Engineering enables our product development teams to safely, quickly, and confidently deliver software that behaves without surprises. Healthcare credentialing is a complex and messy domain (filled with lots of tribal knowledge) so it is vital that we provide our teams with the guardrails and knowledge necessary to extend our platform without overly compromising on quality or technical debt.
A little bit about our tech stack:
If you’re an ambitious quality-oriented engineer who plays well with others AND can say yes to all of these statements, we are looking for you!
- You understand that a good testing strategy requires input from all key stakeholders, not just blindly writing automated tests.
- You are a mentor to others. You are comfortable performing code reviews, pair programming with other developers, and giving brown bag presentations on quality related topics.
- You are a doer. Whether you are coming up with projects that align with our vision or helping others do the same, you are doing it proactively.
- You understand how to design software and systems that are maintainable, robust, easy to understand, and TESTABLE. You also know that not every solution needs to be over-engineered.
- You should be able to debug technical issues, even if the issue isn’t from “your code” or “your system”.
- You don’t reinvent the wheel every time you build something new.
- You can explain complex ideas in plain and simple language (most of the time).
- 5+ years of experience working with production systems. Must understand concepts such as multi-tier architecture, microservices, databases, and statelessness.
- Professional experience writing testable code (Node.js/TypeScript preferred but not a hard requirement). Should be comfortable with multiple test development processes such as TDD, BDD, DDD, ATDD. Familiarity with defensive coding practices is a must!
- Professional experience working with testing frameworks such as Jasmine/Jest and Selenium/Cypress.io.
- Experience debugging code.
- Experience implementing automated testing into CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes.
- Experience designing and building APIs.
- Experience working on a scrum team in an agile environment.
- Experience mentoring engineers and performing code reviews.
- Passionate about automated testing and software quality.
- (Preferred) BA/BS degree in computer science/software engineering.
- (Plus) Experience with AWS.
- (Plus) Experience writing technical documentation.
In return, we offer:`
- Competitive pay
- Healthcare coverage with corporate wellness program
- Free on-site health center and health coaching for employees and dependents
- 401(k) company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- 14 days of PTO your first year and paid holidays
- Hall of fame development programs as recognized by Training Magazine
- On-site cafeteria and game room
Click here to learn more about our company and culture.
To have your resume reviewed by Talent Acquisition, click “Apply” at the top of the screen.
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an at-will employer